Friday 29 March 2013

DISCIPLINE and MOTIVATION

Discipline is probably the issue that worries teachers the most. Hopefully, these 4 clues on how to deal with kids will help you:

1.   Giving a child attention for unwanted behaviour is not a good idea.

2.  Students who talk a lot or misbehave can often be settled down by asking them to help you (For example: handing out the worksheets...)

3.  Always focus the attention on the good behaviour.

4.  Rewards motivate kids to work hard and behave well. So, simply place a sticker on the students' worksheets, their folders or their hands at the end of the class.


*My 5 year-old students love these!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. Discipline has always been my biggest issue. Asking misbehaving students to help me is a great advice I should use.

    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olga! I've just had a look at your blog ... It's so cool! I like your flashcards, videos and tips on phonics. You are a star! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete